Inside Sales Representative - NYC
Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to start companies fueled by bright ideas they dream will take flight. Trouble is, starting-up a successful high growth company is hard work and confusing. Entrepreneurs are hungry for guidance and direction as they travel the path of initiating, running, and funding their venture. They form the basis of an ecosystem of companies, angel groups, and advisors that drive the small business economy in the U.S. and internationally.
We at Gust are at the center of this ecosystem, quietly generating online tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to funding.
Gust is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to work with customers, help them find what they want, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
The ISR will play a fundamental role in reaching our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable helping and qualifying prospects, making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, and closing sales. Compensation for this role is based on a base salary plus performance-based commission.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, web chat and outbound cold calls and emails
- Using a consultative approach, qualify the primary customer need and situation to our aligned solutions and services
- Reduce customer pain points and friction, then share feedback with marketing team
- Select and personalize the right marketing content for each prospect (FAQs, blog links and collateral)
- Record status, call activities and other notes in our CRM software
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of sales experience
- Ability to tell an authentic, compelling story
- Excellent follow-up to keep the conversation moving
- Ability to work remotely as needed
- Be self-motivated, persistent, goal and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing, and speaking skills
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of leads per day
- Ability to gain appropriate level of knowledge through self-study, training and experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, HubSpot, or a similar CRM
- Be responsible, accountable, business-minded and empathetic
- Interest in entrepreneurship and startups
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Competitive salary, Health benefits, 401k, FSA, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, access to C-Suite executives at new and exciting companies, support for learning on the job and personal projects, lunches, massages, and super secret company outings.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing co-workers with diverse past expertise, great location in NoMad neighborhood, unlimited vacation, transparent and approachable executives.