Senior User Experience Designer
THE STORY OF GUST
Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to start companies fueled by bright ideas they dream will take flight. Trouble is, starting-up a successful high growth company is hard work and confusing. Entrepreneurs are hungry for guidance and direction as they travel the path of initiating, running, and funding their venture. They form the basis of an ecosystem of companies, angel groups, and advisors that drive the small business economy in the U.S and internationally.
We at Gust are at the center of this ecosystem, quietly generating online tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to funding.
We are looking for a full-time Senior User Experience Designer to join the Gust product team. The ideal individual has a passion for intuitive user experiences, a keen eye for design, and an interest in joining a startup that develops online experiences to help users grow their own startups. We need YOU to help us develop new products in a rapid, competitive, lean environment.
You’re a good fit if you possess the following qualities:
- You are foremost a champion of the user: you possess tremendous user empathy, skill and command of the fundamental principles of UX design.
- You are passionate about transforming complex business requirements into user-centered digital products for consumers.
- You are a strategic thinker and a thoughtful problem-solver, and your work is always the result of a clearly articulated design rationale.
- You can demonstrate your problem solving abilities through past work experience, which may include personas, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes. You have a range of past projects and experience or interest in designing data-rich, quantitative displays.
- You are an avid communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of user, brand, and business value. You understand and can articulate and weigh the trade offs.
- You are interested in partnership, collaboration, and healthy debate with your product and engineering teammates.
- You are self-managing, detail-oriented, and are accustomed to working on an agile product development team focused on iterative, rapid delivery.
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a small, entrepreneurial company with a lively start-up feel. Things change. Requirements are sometimes vague, but you remain flexible.
- 5+ total years of combined training & on-the-job UX-IxD experience.
For instance: a BS or MS in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, and/or relevant work experience in a related field OR other proven track record of projects
- Practice in user-centered design methodologies, Agile and Lean startup
- Proficiency using current design and prototyping tools.
- Experience conducting user and customer research
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- A current resume and portfolio demonstrating such skills
Things you’ll like a lot!
- Competitive salary, Health Benefits, 401k, FSA, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, access to C-Suite executives at new and exciting companies, support for learning on the job and personal projects, lunches, massages, ping pong table, and super secret company outings.
Things you’ll love!
- Amazing co-workers with diverse past expertise, Great location in NoMad neighborhood, Unlimited vacation, Transparent and approachable executives.