Senior Product Designer
The story of Gust
Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to turn their bright ideas into realities, but building a successful, high-growth startup is challenging and confusing. Founders need guidance, direction, and access to a thriving ecosystem of investors, advisors, and service providers if their ventures are to survive and thrive.
We at Gust are building software at the center of this ecosystem, generating online tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to funding, starting day one with incorporation and sticking by them every step of the way.
Who we are
Gust is built and maintained by 19 talented and creative individuals who share an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re not all founders, but an empowered sense of autonomy and self-ownership runs through our company. At the same time, we know we’re at our best when working together and challenging each other. We’re focused on high quality work as we believe we’re building a lasting infrastructure to support a bigger future. There are a lot of great reasons to work at Gust, but here are a few that stand out:
- We trust our people; they have autonomy in accomplishing our shared goals.
- We have a flexible and collaborative culture.
- We don’t hide our individuality and respect others’.
- We strongly advocate for people’s growth.
- We invest in our people’s personal and professional well-being.
- We work on potentially world-changing products.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to join the Gust product team. The ideal individual has a passion for intuitive user experiences, a keen eye for design, and an interest in joining a startup that develops online experiences to help users grow their own startups. We need you to help us develop new products in a rapid, collaborative, and lean environment.
Why you’re right
- You are foremost a champion of the user: you possess deep user empathy, skill and command of the fundamental principles of UX design.
- You are passionate about transforming complex business requirements into user-centered digital products for consumers.
- You are a strategic thinker and a thoughtful problem-solver, and your work is the result of a clearly articulated design rationale.
- You can demonstrate your problem solving abilities through past work experience, which may include personas, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- You are a strong communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of user, brand, and business value. You understand and can articulate and weigh the trade offs.
- You are interested in partnership and collaboration with your product and engineering teammates.
- You are self-managing, detail-oriented, and are accustomed to working on an agile product development team focused on iterative, rapid delivery.
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a small, entrepreneurial company with a lot of puzzles to solve. We’re at the learning and adapting phase, not scaling or grinding out efficiency so flexibility, learning speed, and curiosity is important.
What you’ll need
- You have held a product design role for at least 5 years at a software company
- Practice in user-centered design methodologies
- Proficiency using current design and prototyping tools.
- Experience leading and synthesizing user research and an understanding of when to use different research methodologies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience leading projects from design to delivery
- Experience with responsive design and building design systems
- A current resume and portfolio demonstrating such skills (please include with your application)
- A competitive salary and equity incentive plan
- Exposure to an industry full of new, exciting, and creative companies
- Great benefits: 401K, FSA, discounted gym membership, invitations to industry events
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum of two weeks
- 3 month parental leave with 2 month ramp up for birthing parent
- Working in flexible, positive learning environment