Valuation Analyst - (Contractor to full-time)
Gust, the world’s largest online platform connecting founders and early-stage investors, is seeking an entrepreneurial individual with a strong financial background to join our valuation team.
About Gust Valuation:
- The leading, technology-centric valuation provider to over 2,000 private companies.
- Our clients include VC backed companies including Visual.ly, Blue Bottle Coffee, Codecademy, Refinery29, Scribd, Iconology, Major League Gaming and many more.
What you will do:
- Perform 409A valuation analyses on a wide range of private companies within various industries.
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses.
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction.
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research.
Hard facts about you:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Strong interest in valuation or venture capital.
- High GPA (above 3.2) and/or history of being a top performer with a strong work ethic.
- Direct valuation experience is a plus but not required.
- Excel proficiency.
Soft facts about you:
- A curious mind: You read Hacker News, WIRED, TechCrunch, WSJ.D.
- An entrepreneur: You roll-up your sleeves and figure out how to solve puzzles.
- A teacher: You understand that what we do is complex, and take the time to explain it to our clients, their attorney and VCs.
- Self-motivated: We’re flexible and allow working from home when it makes sense. You understand what is expected of you, and go above and beyond.
- Fast learner: We work in a fast-paced environment, and expect that you can keep up.
- Competitive pay.
- Opportunity for a full-time position.
- Exposure to C-suite executives at new, exciting, and creative companies.
- Potential to develop additional products for the Company and help us grow.
- Working in an amazing office environment (Open space office located in Manhattan’s NoMad district, catered weekly lunches and breakfasts, monthly massages, ping-pong table, and a whole lot of learning).
What you won't do:
- Typical office hours: When demand is high, we expect that you rise with the occasion. When demand is low, we let you choose how to add value. As a small Company, your efforts and contributions are clear.
- Mindless work: We are a technology-centric company. What needs to be automated has been automated. You will not be doing formatting, or manually copy-and-pasting when there are APIs and software for that.
- Be punished for asking questions: We are a lean company, and we love to help each other. We grow if you grow.