THE STORY OF GUST
Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to start companies fueled by bright ideas they dream will take flight. Trouble is, starting a successful high-growth company is challenging and confusing. Entrepreneurs are hungry for guidance and direction as they travel the path of starting, growing, and funding their venture. Because they need support and investment to grow, these entrepreneurs and their businesses require a thriving ecosystem of companies, angel groups, and advisors that drive the small business economy in the U.S and internationally.
We at Gust are at the center of this ecosystem, generating online tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to funding, starting day one with incorporation.
We are looking for a creative, experienced Marketing Manager to join our NYC-based Marketing team that will report to our Senior Director of Marketing. You will develop and execute a wide variety of marketing initiatives across multiple products and teams to drive awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention, from inception through post-campaign analysis. You are an eloquent storyteller with a passion for growing brands.
Why you’re right:
- You love to write and to create compelling content that can be used across all channels including blogs, social media, email, advertising, and more.
- You understand the value of providing educational content to the market.
- You are a communications expert with a history of developing thought leadership and byline articles, press releases, and customer success stories, and are comfortable working with a public relations agency.
- You don’t shy away from complex topics, and enjoy the challenge of working with subject matter experts to turn their knowledge into something digestible by the masses.
- You're comfortable managing multiple initiatives in parallel, such as content development, digital channel implementation, email marketing, and event management.
- You're excited to work across departments and teams to develop effective content, communicate messaging strategy, and help inform product marketing decisions.
- You are current on emerging technologies, have helped manage successful SEM campaigns, and have a healthy knowledge of SEO.
- You have managed, implemented, and marketed targeted sponsored events.
- You understand the value of social media and are excited about the opportunity to implement a dynamic social strategy.
- You love testing out new email strategies that continually increase awareness and conversion, and are comfortable managing a CRM system.
- You’re willing to expand your skills and adapt your process to new tools on the fly.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience developing a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. Copywriting experience a plus
- Experience working on digital acquisition campaigns including SEM, SEO, display, and social (using Google Adwords and other platforms)
- Experience managing performance-based social media and highly effective email marketing campaigns. Experience with Hubspot a plus
- Track record in managing high-performing marketing and content campaigns from ideation to analysis
- Experience using Google Analytics, A/B testing, or other reporting and testing methods to make data-driven marketing decisions
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently, and with limited direction, when necessary
- Accustomed to and comfortable with performance accountability
- Highly organized, passionate with a high-level of energy and positive attitude
- Genuine interest in the startup environment and culture
Perks you’ll love:
- A competitive salary and equity incentive plan
- Exposure to an industry full of new, exciting, and creative companies
- Great benefits: 401K, FSA, discounted gym membership, invitations to industry events
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Working in an amazing office environment: open space office located in Manhattan’s NoMad district, catered weekly lunches and breakfasts, massages, ping-pong table, super secret company outings, and a positive learning environment
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!