Customer Support Specialist
Gust is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join a tight-knit, dedicated support team. As a support specialist, the bulk of your day-to-day will be spent working directly with our customers through email, live chat and screen share calls. You’ll be answering questions and helping them navigate through and troubleshoot our platforms.
In order to do so effectively, you’re first going to need to become a master user of all of Gust’s products, policies and practices. Our support team prides itself on being empowered to do what it takes to delight our customers. We’re not big on red tape or any kind of restrictive approaches to customer service. We’re humans helping humans. You’re awesome, and we want you to be awesome for our users.
When you’re not working with or for our customers, you’ll be assisting with interpreting their feedback into actionable data. What features cause the most problems? What requests do you get the most? As a member of the Customer Support Team you’ll be part of the “Voice of the Customer.”
Finally, as we develop new products and services for our customers, you’ll be asked to step up and fill gaps in technology with manual processes. That means you’ll be called upon for basic data entry and account management tasks.
We know that “Support” can make people think of headsets and cubicles. That isn’t what this role is. This is an entry-level opportunity at an exciting tech company where you’ll be sitting right where the action is. You’ll be working alongside Product, Development, Marketing, our executive team, and our customers, who are themselves founders with exciting startups. For the right person, this is a great way to kick off a career in tech.
Why You're Right
- You’ve got a friendly, approachable demeanour
- You’re detail-oriented
- You enjoy working with and learning from subject matter experts
- You enjoy breaking down complex technical concepts helping people “get” them
- You’re willing to expand your skills and learn new tools on the fly
- You’re a team player
What you'll do
- Become a master-user of all Gust’s platforms
- Troubleshoot user issues through chat, email, and live product demonstrations
- Answer customer questions, identify common customer challenges, and proactively address/resolve them
- Perform regular upkeep on customer facing knowledge resources
- Escalate complex issues to a support manager or account manager
- Keep Gust accounts up to date and accurate with appropriate documentation
- Maintain a strong understanding of Gust’s product domains (Ex. Early-Stage Equity, Delaware Incorporation, Cap Tables...)
- A positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Familiarity with web based applications
- Interest in startups and fundraising
- A 4-year degree from an accredited postsecondary institution or equivalent experience
- A competitive salary and equity incentive plan.
- Exposure to an industry full of new, exciting, and creative companies
- Great benefits: 401K, FSA, discounted gym membership, invitations to industry events
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy with a 2 week minimum
- 3 month parental leave with 2 month ramp up for birthing parent
- Working in flexible, well-equipped office environment: office located in Manhattan’s NoMad district, catered weekly lunches and breakfasts, company outings, and a positive learning environment
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!