Senior UX Content Designer
The story of Gust
Every year, thousands of entrepreneurs are driven to turn their bright ideas into realities, but building a successful, high-growth startup is challenging and confusing. Founders need guidance, direction, and access to a thriving ecosystem of investors, advisors, and service providers if their ventures are to survive and thrive.
We at Gust are building software at the center of this ecosystem, generating online tools and services that support the intrepid entrepreneur on the path to funding, starting day one with incorporation and sticking by them every step of the way.
Who we are
Gust is built and maintained by 30+ creative and talented individuals who share an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re not all founders, but an empowered sense of autonomy and self-ownership runs through our company. At the same time, we know we’re at our best when working together and challenging each other. We’re focused on high quality work as we believe we’re building a lasting infrastructure to support a bigger future. There are a lot of great reasons to work at Gust, but here are a few that stand out:
- We trust our people; they have autonomy in accomplishing our shared goals.
- We have a flexible and collaborative culture.
- We don’t hide our individuality and respect others’.
- We strongly advocate for people’s growth.
- We invest in our people’s personal and professional well-being.
- We work on potentially world-changing products.
We are looking for a full-time Senior UX Content Designer to join the Gust product team. The ideal individual has a passion for clear communication, intuitive user experiences, and an interest in joining a startup that develops online experiences to help users grow their own startups. This role collaborates heavily with product and design on content-heavy experiences. The words, concepts, and actions that you’ll be writing for need to harmonize with the UX and larger product picture.
Why you’re right
- You’ve written product tutorials, user guides, or guided workflows where you’ve researched and distilled complex subject matter into simple, easy-to-follow instructions.
- You know proper grammar and spelling like the back of your hand, but you care more about the content being understandable and approachable rather than proper and perfect.
- You are passionate about finding the right tone of voice so that your audience identifies with the experience.
- You care equally about UX design and content, because above all else, what you focus on is creating an effective and engaging overall experience.
- You have a strong understanding of the principles of UX and user-centered design.
- You are a strategic thinker and a thoughtful problem-solver, and your work is always the result of a clearly articulated rationale.
- You are a strong collaborator, confident but without ego, actively seeking feedback often and always in search of improving the experience.
- You are self-managing, detail-oriented, and accustomed to working on an agile product development team focused on iterative, rapid delivery.
- You are excited about the opportunity to be part of a small, entrepreneurial company with a lively start-up feel. Things change. Requirements are sometimes vague, but you remain flexible.
- 7+ total years of combined training & on-the-job UX and Content design experience
- Experience or strong interest in the legal aspects of creating and running a startup
- Experience writing product content
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into simple and clear instructions
- Practice in user-centered design methodologies, Agile and Lean startup
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- A current resume and content portfolio
- A competitive salary and equity incentive plan
- Exposure to an industry full of new, exciting, and creative companies
- Great benefits: 401K, FSA, discounted gym membership, invitations to industry events
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum of two weeks
- 3 month parental leave with 2 month ramp up for birthing parent
- Working in flexible, well-equipped office environment: office located in Manhattan’s NoMad district, catered weekly lunches and breakfasts, company outings, and a positive learning environment